Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rounding the Corner



First of all, today I received my shipment of Tula Pink fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop. Ever since I started making circles out of it for that last quilt, I've been in love with that fabric and want to get my hands on as much as possible. It was hard to stay at work when I just wanted to get home and cut into it. Evil work.

But, the main think I want to write about is my trying something new tonight-

A few days ago I was browsing pictures of quilts online, like ya do, and I ran across someone who rounds off the corners of her quilts. My first thought was, "She just doesn't like doing the corner thing." My second thought, which followed immediately, was, "Well, I don't really care for corners either." So, I decided that the next quilt that could take rounded corners without compromising the design would get sliced into.

So, when I was ready to bind the elephant quilt, I grabbed one of my circle templates and snuck up on the quilt with a rotary cutter, half horrified. I really like the way it turned out, but I have a feeling the dense quilting is going to cause it to buckle. Maybe it'll loosen up after it's washed. But, anyway, I can guarantee more of these non-corners are in my future.

2 comments:

  1. HI Ricky,
    Your non-corners look good! Thank you so much for sharing at Funday Monday. So glad you joined in! I hope you come back to share your work again!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete