Thursday, October 24, 2013

Gift from a neighbor...

 So, I always go for walks on the weekends, sometimes 8 or 9 miles at a time. That's the one thing I don't deny myself or ever feel guilty about doing (any other time I always feel like I'm not working hard enough or that I should be doing something more important... talk about neurotic). But, anyway, I finished my walk last Sunday afternoon and my neighbor stopped me as passed her house. She turned 90 years old a couple of months ago; I know this because I was the one who was elected to break into her house and decorate for her surprise party while she was at mass that weekend. She's cleaning out the house that she's lived in since she was eight years old, so the house is full of... well... I'll just say 'stuff.'

She told me that she was going to throw something out but then thought, "I'll give it to that nice boy who makes the quilts." I had no idea what she was talking about... not least of all because I am so not used to being called a "boy" anymore. But, she dragged out this old sewing box that was covered in a very thick layer of dust - ok, not dust so much as dirt. I think it's adorable... but I have no idea what to do with it.





Anyone need some wicked old rick-rack?



No comments:

Post a Comment