Monday, January 27, 2014

My next project...

I have been bogged down for the last week or so and haven't wanted to set foot in my sewing room, but I think inspiration has struck. I was looking for something to do with the black and white fabric I'd been accumulating (mentioned that here) and I think I've found it. I am going to give myself a retry at my very first quilt.

Thirteen years ago, I sat down at the sewing machine for the first time in my life and made a king-sized monstrosity of a quilt...


I used poly batting, barely quilted it, and just kept adding borders until it reached the size I wanted. I think I am going to try to give this design a modern twist... and do this quilt again. It will be fun to hang them up side by side and see if I've progressed as far as I like to think I have. Now I want to leave work immediately and go home and sew. Luckily, I always have graph paper handy for when design inspiration strikes - is it 5pm yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment